I set out to make a kilt using instructions from the internet. I wish I’d had photos of every tiny step in the procedure because after hand pleating and ironing and pinning for 7 hours, then hand stitching (using the prescribed tiny felling stitch, even though it looks wrong to me) 31 shaped pleats from hip to waist for 8 hours.
Because today, while trying to figure out exactly how to attach the waistband, I discovered that there should be a couple inches of the waist measurement, (in other words, the narrowest point of all 31 pleats should have been 1.5 inches lower than I have sewn them.
8 hours it took to put in those 31 pleats.
Now I have to study the finished kilt and see if there is a sneaky way of fixing this without having to re-do all of the pleats. I wish I’d found this out yesterday. >>sigh<<
It fits absolutely perfectly as it is, which makes it even more irritating to have to raise the waist. No point whining.
I have stitches to pick out.