Writing Better Fiction:
Craft Tips from some of Canada’s Best Writers and Editors.
(ed. Brent Nichols).
I am delighted to have an article in this excellent anthology. Many writers have contributed articles with advice and strategies on a wide variety of topics. It’s a great value and is a fundraiser for the Robin Herrington Memorial Short Story Contest, which is also brilliant.
Click the cover for a link to Amazon.
Check it out!
- Beginning: Shawn L. Bird
- The blank page: Brent Nichols
- The what, who, why when, and how of writing prompts: M. Jane Colette
- Ine initial surface problem and the story-worthy problem: Sally McBride
- Point of view: Robert J. Sawyer
- Villains and conflicts: Ron S. Friedman
- Pornstar cleaning?! Where writers get their ideas: Tim Reynolds
- Writer’s block: Hayden Trenholm
- Writing formats-the keys to your potential: J. Paul Cooper
- The mice quotient and the structure of genre: Renee L. Bennett
- Researching history and using historical sources: D. E. Wright
- Writing stronger scenes: Ace Jordyn
- 44 tips for effective dialogue: Craig diLouie
- Dangle your modifiers: Randy Nikkel Schroeder
- Elemental tales: Jim Jackson
- The gentle art of giving and receiving critiques: The imaginative fiction writers’ association
- How do I know it’s a rough draft? Barb Galler-Smith
- The art of writing: Josephine LoRe
- Advanced editing techniques for immersive fiction: Swati Chavda
- Stories with spine: J. E. Barnard
- Get out of your head! Sandra Hurst
- In praise of the flat arc: Lise Brassard
- Description-when less is more: Robert Runte, PhD
- Three steps to move from telling to showing: Mahrie G. Reid
- Ten steps after “The End” Adria Laycroft
- Business plans for authors: Sandra Fitzpatrick
- Getting to the next level: Liz Westbrook-Trenholm