Join 18,182 other subscribers
ADD MY BOOKS to your GOODREADS list!
Murdering Mr. Edwards: Tales from Canterbury High
(avg rating 4.83)
Grace Awakening Dreams and Power
(avg rating 4.60)
Grace Awakening Power
(avg rating 4.75)
Grace Awakening Dreams
(avg rating 4.38)
(avg rating 4.50)
Come visit my Facebook page. Snippets of the current novel-in-progress show up there for your amusement.
Thanks for coming by!
- 461,993 visitors so far. Welcome back again soon!
- book reviews
- Grace Awakening
- Grace Awakening Myth
- Grace Beguiling – Petrarch
- Monday Meme
- Murdering Mr. Edwards
- Rotary invocations
Shawn L. Bird
Shawn Bird is an author, poet, and educator in the beautiful Shuswap region of British Columbia, Canada. She is a proud member of Rotary.
What I’ve been reading
- RT @miahtao: #book #reading miahtao.com/collection/boo… https://t.co/V7nJKn3aHC 9 hours ago
- #WritingCommunity let's see your #prettynotebookhoard. I know you've got one! #notebooks #amwriting #writers… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Having some Scandinavian O'boy cocoa after dinner. Chuckle at these instructions every time. (No one was watching… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
be real January 2, 2013
Tags: julie kagawa, names, summer's crossing
Julie Kagawa in Summer’s Crossing.
So what is your true name? Do you know your own true name intrinsically, or do you learn it as you grow? Is your name the one your parents wrote on your birth certificate, or the pet name they called you as you grew? Is it more like the cultures who wait until your character discloses your name?
Kagawa says you need to know your true name to become real.
It’s all rather disturbing and profound.